Learning and practicing effective self-hypnosis techniques can make childbirth a relaxing, enjoyable, and even comfortable experience…..
For many people, their only experience with hypnosis is that of witnessing stage performers who use hypnotic suggestion as a form of entertainment – “When I snap my fingers, you’ll bark like a dog” – and the like. However, hypnosis is actually a powerful tool through which we access our subconscious minds and create new core beliefs that can help us heal difficult memories, relieve phobias, and even eliminate pain from our bodies. The Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis Program teaches proven self-hypnosis techniques that use the power of the mind to create an easy and comfortable birthing experience.
If you are a pregnant woman who wants to offer her child the gift of a wonderful birth free of trauma and pain Hypnobabies is the place for you!
- A relaxed Mom and Dad throughout pregnancy, labor and birth. Both parents participate in the Hypnosis and Fear Release sessions, providing them with a sense of calm and confidence.
- Shorter labors due to lack of resistance in the birthing muscles. Many mothers are laboring an average of 6 hours!
- Fewer complications and interventions, as the body and mind stay completely relaxed during labor. Posterior and Breech babies can be turned with hypnosis as well.
- Fewer drugs or no drugs at all, means less risk of harmful side effects for mother and baby.
- Elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome.
- Pregnancy issues such as insomnia, back pain, nausea and high blood pressure can be eliminated as well.
Did you know? There are people who have life-threatening allergies to anesthetics who successfully undergo medical and dental surgery with hypnosis as their only anesthesia! So we know it can work for childbirth, and it does quite well!
Hypnobabies® is a 6 week childbirth preparation course designed for the birthing couple, however moms without an available partner are also invited to attend. This small group class consists of six 3 hour classes, (one per week). This course is appropriate for those preparing to give birth at a hospital, birthing center or home. Classes are taught in the Huntersville office, the Carolina Community Maternity Center in Fort Mill or Carolina Yoga Garden in Concord. Please call for specifics on dates, costs, and locations.